Lake Morena Campground
04/21/2012 07:03 PM.
has everything you'd expect at a fine resort:
- Food. Dinner (Friday and Saturday) and breakfast (Saturday and
Sunday) will be dished up at site 14.
- Entertainment. The gear contest, auction, group photos,
announcements to the assembled masses, evening programs, and most other group
activities happen around sites 14 and 15. Many slide shows and seminars will be
held in the Pavilion. Switchback presents backpacking secrets in
Pirate's Lair (site 22).
- Shopping. Vendors will display their wares in the large field west
of site 14.
- Education. USFS offers information about bear protection and fire
safety, and issues campfire permits. PCTA sells maps, dispenses information
about the trail, and issues wilderness permits. Other organizations provide
additional useful information for long-distance hikers. All can be found in
the large field west of site 14.
- Post Office. USPS will be in site 13 to accept your
packages and letters for delivery up the trail or back home. Hours are 10-2
Friday and Saturday.
- Transportation. Rides to the border and to other points along the trail can be arranged at
the parking area southwest of the Pavilion, indicated by the P symbol in
Other sites of interest:
- Site 1. Registration, event information, T-shirt sales, and
PCT bandanas from the Class of
- Site 22. Pirate's Roost with Switchback