April 28-30, Lake Morena County Park
What goes on
The primary focus of the gathering is to help shed those butterflies that
inevitably precede a life-altering experience like hiking the PCT by showing you
the broad spectrum of strategies that have been successful in the past and those
of your fellow 2006 PCTers. Additionally, it provides a low key gathering in
which you can begin the friendships that inevitably evolve from such a journey.
Dinner will be served to all on Saturday night. People begin gathering
on the Friday before.
Other events include:
- Annual Great Pacific Long Distance Hiking
Gadget and Invention Revue
- Video and slide presentations by previous PCT hikers
- Informational presentation about water caches, snow conditions, trail
detours, and other things you'll need to know if you expect to make it to
- Trail maintenance
- Auction of lightweight gear and cool collectibles
For more details, see the events page.
Sign me up!
- Go to our registration page, where you
register to attend and request a campsite reservation.
- If you need transportation to the kickoff or to the trailhead, visit our
- See you there!
Registration for ADZPCTKO 2006 Is Closed!
As of April 16, we have a few more registrants than we had last year --
and we all thought that was a lot! Campsites -- all of which are shared --
will be filled to the max, so we're no longer accepting registrations. We
usually have a handful of cancellations, so folks who attempt to register
from here on out will be put on a waiting list; we'll contact you if a
patch of grass becomes available.