Lake Morena Campground
has everything you'd expect at a fine resort:
- Food. Dinner (Friday and Saturday) and breakfast (Saturday and
Sunday) will be dished up at site 14. The Gills, Panama and Whoda, will
be serving up hot dogs to current-year thru-hikers at lunchtime each day in
- Entertainment. The gear contest, auction, group photos,
announcements to the assembled masses, evening programs, and most other group
activities happen around sites 14 and 15. Many slide shows and seminars will be
held in the Pavilion.
- Shopping. Vendors will display their wares in the area around sites
58, 16, 19, and 20.
- Transportation. Rides to the border and to other points along the trail can be arranged at
the parking area southwest of the Pavilion, indicated by the P symbol in
Other sites of interest:
- Site 8. PCT Trail Gorillas
- Site 13. Registration
- Site 18. PCTA representatives and store
- Site 21. USFS and NPS rangers and displays
- Site 58. Post Office (Saturday only)
- Site 20. Bandanas from the Class of
- Site 22. Pirate's Roost with Switchback
- Site 42. Phone booth; Brian "Panama" Gill offers free use of his
cell phone to current-year thru hikers.