Lake Morena Campground
01/10/2010 02:59 PM.
has everything you'd expect at a fine resort:
- Food. Dinner (Friday and Saturday) and breakfast (Saturday and
Sunday) will be dished up at site 14.
- Entertainment. The gear contest, auction, group photos,
announcements to the assembled masses, evening programs, and most other group
activities happen around sites 14 and 15. Many slide shows and seminars will be
held in the Pavilion. Switchback presents backpacking secrets in
Pirate's Lair (site 22).
- Other services. In site 42, make free phone calls courtesy
of Brian "Panama" Gill, and get trail health advice from Meadow Mary.
- Shopping. Vendors will display their wares in the area around sites
20, 21, 44, and 55.
- Transportation. Rides to the border and to other points along the trail can be arranged at
the parking area southwest of the Pavilion, indicated by the P symbol in
Other sites of interest:
- Site 8. PCT Trail Gorillas
- Site 13. Registration
- Site 19. PCTA representatives and store
- Site 56. USFS and NPS rangers and displays
- Site 55. Post Office
- Site 13. Bandanas from the Class of
- Site 22. Pirate's Roost with Switchback
- Site 42. Phone booth; Brian "Panama" Gill offers free use of his
cell phone to current-year thru hikers. And Meadow Mary dispenses her unique
advice for staying healthy on the trail.